"The road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say"
- J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Saturday 12 November 2011

Are you singing the song of your life?

"Spring is past


Start singing the song of your life.
Summer is gone


And the winter is here


And the song that I meant to sing


Remains unsung


For I've spent my days


Stringing and unstringing my instrument."

The above is a very sad poem, a poem of a life half lived, a poem of a man who wanted to sing a song but did not do so because he " spent his days stringing and unstringing his instrument"

After reading this poem today I looked at my life and the opportunities I never took, the time I wasted "stringing and unstringing my instrument."

The tale is familiar , it is one of procrastination, dissembling, fear, doubts and excuses. In the end the results are obvious, failure and regret. Many are waiting for a sign from heaven- but that sign is you, you are who you have been waiting for.

At this moment you are the oldest you have ever been, and the youngest you will ever be, so take your chances, be happy, bring happiness to others and live your life. Start today, time and tide wait for no man and you miss all the shots you don't make.

So today I made a resolution: to be happy, to write the story of my life the way I want , not only to write it but also to hold the pen. I am going to replace my fear with faith, my excuses with hope, I am going to love the people in my life, enjoy all the moments of my life and tell people how I feel about them. Above all to treasure every moment, after all it is said no man crosses the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man.

So today I made a resolution, I will pursue my dreams, no matter what anyone thinks. I will string my instrument and sing the song of my life.

I hope you do the same.



comments

No comments:

Post a Comment